bon secours virginia health system
Our Pledge to You
The Foundations collect and use personal information such as: name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address when a donor voluntarily provides it to us. This information is kept on file for IRS purposes and is also used in our development and communication activities.
The Foundations do NOT sell, trade, or share donor lists with any other organization. We never send out mailings on behalf of other organizations.
The Foundations subscribe to the Donor Bill of Rights.
The Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given. To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To opt out, please forward an e-mail to email@example.com
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers. For questions, please forward an e-mail to Iinfo_bsvaf@bshsi.org
This Bill of Rights for charitable givers was developed by the following four industry experts: American Association of Fund Raising Counsel, Association for Health Care Philanthropy, Council for Advancement and Support of Education, National Society of Fund Raising Executives. It is industry-accepted, and all quality charities should subscribe to the beliefs espoused here.
The Foundations take reasonable precautions to protect your personally identifiable information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we strive to maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards. Our staff and volunteers are educated about the importance of safeguarding your information, and we are committed to holding them accountable for protecting your confidentiality. However, such precautions do not guarantee that our Web site is invulnerable to all security breaks. The Foundations make no warranty, guarantee, or representation that the use of our Web site is protected from viruses, security threats, or other vulnerabilities and that your information will always be secure.
If you are concerned that your privacy rights may have been violated, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org